About Rx Marketing Group
RX Marketing group is a California-based digital advertising company that employs our own state-of-the-art analytical and consumer intelligence platform to match people with the products they need to enrich their financial well-being. RX Marketing delivers campaign optimization and data monetization through multiple channels and proprietary websites, primarily in the finance vertical. We are growing and looking for talented, passionate, and visionary people to add to our team! We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits including a complete insurance package (medical, dental, and vision) and unlimited PTO. If you enjoy working with other professionals in a challenging fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Support Engineer with extensive professional experience to provide technical support for the engineering team. The Sr Cloud Support Engineer will work on multiple implementation projects, lead maintenance efforts, setup reliable monitoring, develop and implement disaster recovery plans, and continuously work on optimization of all IT infrastructure services including but not limited to, Google Cloud Platform (GPC), Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes (GKE), Gitlab (CI/CD pipelines), Amazon Web Services (AWS), ElasticSearch, MongoDB, DataDog, OpenVPN, Cloudflare, DNS management, Mailserver (Mailcow), General System Administration (various flavors of Linux, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, Debian, CentOS).
The right candidate will be taking a lead role in the implementation and upkeep of our current CI/CD Pipeline and several platform automation efforts.
What we expect out of every member of our software engineering team:
- The ability to create a plan of attack on how you're going to accomplish the code you write in the form of flow diagrams, database schema ERD, and supporting documentation before you follow through on execution, execution is everything.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and excel at your technical core competencies.
- We adhere to a high standard of engineering. Your code must be well structured, compliant, and maintainable.
- Be involved in our stand ups every morning, participate in team deep-dives that describe what we are making, join in on our Lunch & Learn to showcase a piece of technology you want us to adopt, and work with our project managers to stay on track and update our users!
- Be organized and be able to communicate your objectives to your peers.
- Positive and supportive team culture of diversity and growth.
- Participate in our rotating on-call schedule for monitoring outages outside of business hours.
RX Marketing's Tech Stack
- Code: PHP Laravel Framework 8+, NodeJs/VueJS, and Python.
- Infrastructure: Ubuntu Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS & Google Cloud, and Sentry.
- Databases: ElasticSearch, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Redis, and MySQL.
- Version Control: GitHub & Gitlab
- Project Tracking and Roadmaps: JIRA, Monday, and smart sheets. AGILE Scrum (eXtreme Programming).
- At the direction of lead architects, develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy AWS applications, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and advanced analytics
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle for AWS solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root causes, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training when necessary
- Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, with an ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Experience working knowledge of:
- Web Fundamentals like browser/server (HTTP) communication, DNS, and basic routing.
- OSX and Windows environments and how to troubleshoot end-user issues.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), IAM Roles, User Management, and Compute Instance Management.
- Server administration with SaltStack on Linux systems.
- NGINX configuration and PHP module installation through apt or PECL.
- Basic security fundamentals such as firewalls, user and file permissions, htaccess, and hashing.
- Experience or have a good understanding of:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), IAM Roles, User management, and EC2 Compute Instance Management.
- JIRA, Confluence, and JIRA Helpdesk interactions and flows.
- It’s a HUGE plus if you have:
- One scripting language under your belt (Perl, Bash, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Google Cloud Certification
- Experience with Kubernetes clusters
- MongoDB Clusters, MySQL Servers, or ElasticSearch experience
- Advanced knowledge of multiple flavors of Linux: Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, Alpine.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Must be a highly disciplined self-starter with excellent time management skills.
Benefits of working with us:
- Untracked & Unlimited PTO: Many organizations try this, but we do it successfully.
- Paid Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision for you & your family: your family is our family.
- Fully remote-work: You don't have to come to an office! Our team works over Slack, Google Meet, and Zoom.
- Company-provided hardware: We don’t want you to be held back by hardware - we provide the newest Apple hardware (MBP), extra monitors, and peripherals.
- Employee education programs: Do you want to continue to learn and grow? We will pay for your training, courses, materials, and certifications.