RX Marketing group is a California-based digital advertising company that employs our own state-of-the-art analytical and consumer intelligence platform to match people with the products they need to enrich their financial well-being.
We are looking for a Cloud Support Engineer to join our infrastructure team to help support, improve and maintain the infrastructure that supports our consumer intelligence platform and work to support end-users.
What we expect out of every member of our Infrastructure and support team
- The ability to create a plan of attack on how you're going to accomplish the complex IT and Infrastructure tasks that are assigned to you.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and excel at your technical core competencies.
- We adhere to a high standard of engineering and expect thoughtful architecture and thus expect the work our engineers produce to be thorough, meticulously documented, and easily consumable by both technical and non-technical internal audiences
- Active and productive participation in standups every morning, participate and contribute to team deep-dives that describe what we are making, join in on our Lunch & Learn to showcase a piece of technology you want us to adopt, and work with our Director of Technical Operations to stay on track and update our users!
- Be organized and be able to communicate your objectives to your peers and end-users.
RX Marketing's Tech Stack
- Infrastructure and DevOps: Ubuntu Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS & Google Cloud, and Sentry.
- Databases: ElasticSearch, MongoDB, InfluxDB and MySQL.
- Version Control: GitHub.
- Project Tracking and Roadmaps: JIRA, Jira Service Desk, Monday, and Smart Sheets. AGILE Scrum (eXtreme Programming).
Requirements to join our team as a Cloud Technical Support Engineer
- Experience working knowledge of:
- Web Fundamentals like browser/server (HTTP) communication, DNS, and basic routing.
- OSX and Windows environments and how to troubleshoot end-user issues.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) (2 years), Linux (2 years), Ubuntu (2 Years) IAM Roles, User Management, and Compute Instance Management.
- Server administration with SaltStack on Linux systems.
- NGINX configuration and PHP module installation through apt or PECL.
- Basic security fundamentals such as firewalls, user and file permissions, htaccess, and hashing.
- Experience or have a good understanding of:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), IAM Roles, User management, and EC2 Compute Instance Management.
- JIRA, Confluence, and JIRA Helpdesk interactions and flows.
- It’s a HUGE plus if you have:
- One scripting language under your belt (Perl, Bash, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Google Cloud Certification
- Experience with Kubernetes clusters
- MongoDB Clusters, MySQL Servers, or ElasticSearch experience
Benefits of working with us:
- Untracked & Unlimited PTO: Many organizations try this, but we do it successfully.
- Paid Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision for you & your family: your family is our family.
- Fully remote-work: You don't have to come to an office! Our team works over Slack, Google Meet, and Zoom.
- Company-provided hardware: We don’t want you to be held back by hardware - we provide the newest Apple hardware (MBP), extra monitors, and peripherals.
- Employee education programs: Do you want to continue to learn and grow? We will pay for your training, courses, materials, and certifications.