Senior Level Full Stack Engineer
RXMG is focused on optimizing marketing engagement while building a great business and culture. We are a remote business with staff based across the US. We challenge ourselves to be the best at what we do and that includes leveraging cutting-edge technology and data-driven strategies to solve difficult problems at scale. Our challenges center around delivering the right message to the right consumer at the right time in the right channel – given the consumer profile and prior interactions across channels. We are lucky to have an amazing team of people that are stronger together, exceptional at solving problems, and enjoy the benefits and work-life balance that we provide.
Benefits of working with us:
- Unlimited PTO: Many organizations try this, but we do it successfully.
- Paid Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision for you & your family: our family is yours.
- Fully remote work: You don't have to come to an office! Our team works over Slack, Google Meet, and Zoom.
- 401K Plan: Matching 100% of the first 4%
- Company-provided hardware: We don’t want you to be held back by hardware - we provide the newest Apple hardware (MBP), extra monitors, and peripherals.
- Employee education programs: Do you want to continue to learn and grow? We will pay for your training, courses, materials, and certifications.
- Great Company Culture: Monthly Events (Poker, Guest Speakers, etc.), Half Day Fridays (Summertime), and EOY “Quiet Time” (In December), six weeks paid parental leave.
What we expect out of every member of our software engineering team:
- The ability to create a plan of attack on how you will accomplish the code you write in the form of flow diagrams, database schema ERD, and supporting documentation before you follow through on execution, execution is everything.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and excel at your technical core competencies.
- We adhere to a high standard of engineering. Your code must be PSR12 compliant and maintain high PHPUnit coverage. If it doesn't, it doesn't even make it into the development branch!
- Be involved in our stand-ups every morning, participate in team deep dives that describe what we are making, join in on our Lunch & Learn to showcase a piece of technology you want us to adopt, and work with our project managers to stay on track and update our users!
- Be organized and be able to communicate your objectives to your peers.
- A positive and supportive team culture of diversity and growth.
- Ability to participate in our rotating on-call schedule for monitoring outages outside business hours.
RX Marketing's Tech Stack:
- Code: PHP Laravel Framework 8+ and Vue/Nuxt
- Infrastructure and DevOps: Ubuntu Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS & Google Cloud, and Sentry.
- Databases: ElasticSearch, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Redis, and MySQL.
- Version Control: GitHub & Gitlab
- Project Tracking and Roadmaps: JIRA, Monday, and smart sheets. AGILE Scrum (eXtreme Programming).
- Additionally, at least two years of experience using Vue and Laravel.
- Expert Working knowledge of:
- Architecture and Design Patterns
- Design Patterns include Event Driven Development, Macro/Micro Services, PubSub Services, Interprocess Communication, Message Queues, and Service Patterns.
- Good understanding of application optimization at scale
- Laravel Queues
- Service Pattern
- Laravel 8+
- Service Container / Service Provider
- Package Development
- Events, Jobs, Middleware
- REST best practices.
- Git: Branching strategies, merge requests, conflict resolution, merge requests.
- Unit, Feature Testing, and Integration Tests. (php unit, parallel testing)
- Advanced Understanding of MySQL and Redis.
- Moderate Understanding of Vue architecture and best practices
- Basic Understanding of data stores (Nuxt)
- Advanced understanding of API operations and JS promises
- Advanced knowledge of stand-alone components
- Basic knowledge of Docker / Command Line.
- Basic understanding of modular development
Nice to haves:
- Experience or have an understanding of:
- Databases such as ElasticSearch, InfluxDB, and MongoDB.
- Laravel Queues, Events/Listeners, Workers, Caching, Facades, etc.
- Bootstrap, Tailwind, or other front-end UX/UI Frameworks.
- Diagram tools like Lucidcharts, Diagrams.net, or equivalent.
- Cypress, Cucumber, or other frontend testing frameworks
- Experience with high-performance applications.
- CI/CD application deployment in a cloud-based infrastructure such as GCP.
- Good understanding and comfortable using Linux/Unix command line.
- Ability to participate in a rotating on-call schedule
- You have a Keen eye to discover deep-rooted issues and provide improved solutions to problems.
- Great communication skills.
- You enjoy mentoring your peers.