Rx Marketing Group (RxMG) is a California-based marketing technology company that manages data and delivers timely offers and products through multiple channels and proprietary websites. Our work is primarily in the consumer finance and home services vertical (credit cards, mortgages, alarm systems, etc.). We are growing and looking to add talented, passionate, visionary people to our team.
At RxMG, we are focused on building great relationships with our staff, customers, and partners. We offer excellent salaries, growth opportunities, a great culture, and generous benefits. Our benefits package includes paid health insurance, unlimited paid time off, and team events ranging from company retreats to hot sauce challenges, poker tournaments, and yoga classes. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in a fun, challenging, and creative work environment, we encourage you to apply.
RXMG is looking for a Director of Engineering to join our technical leadership team to develop and lead engineers who are working on our internal systems, infrastructure, and software development projects.
- Plan and direct all aspects of engineering activities and projects within the technical team.
- Lead, motivate and inspire the development team to deliver high-quality software and be held accountable for their performance.
- Recruit, retain, and develop great engineers who form our core technical team capable of learning, moving fast and growing.
- Manage and coach our team of developers, infrastructure, and DevOps engineers through challenges and career growth.
- Develop and Utilize best practice engineering methods and provide expert guidance for engineering initiatives.
- Ensure the technical team’s success by removing roadblocks, addressing conflicts, and operating as its champion.
- Collaborate with peers to creatively solve problems and drive department-wide objectives.
- Able to guide teams on the short and long-term goals to effectively manage trade-offs across organizations.
- Track, produce, analyze and act upon key metrics & milestones to ensure that quality deliverables are done on time and support established organizational objectives/initiatives.
- 4+ years of managing engineering or technical teams and 8+ years of software engineering experience developing web and API applications, with a preference for enterprise platforms.
- Expert working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and internet fundamentals like DNS, TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or other Cloud PaaS services.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, InfluxDB (or other time-series databases), and Datawarehousing services like Snowflake, Redshift, etc.
- Experienced in organizing agile software teams to deliver high-quality software using SCRUM methodologies.
- You excel at analyzing deep technical problems and coaching the team to the best solution.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction.
- Experienced with working and managing teams remotely.